The other day, Caleb and I were in the car, and a song came on the radio that resonated with me a lot. This is because the words have actually been so real in our life these last number of months, as we have experienced being supported and loved on by many in our life. And in the end, one of the many lessons I have learned, that many of you have heard me say is, "We all need each other." At some point or another, we need others to help us along. These last six months was that time for us.
It was at our lowest point, when Caleb's condition was getting beyond scary, and we didn't see an end in sight. To be honest, I didn't know how we would do it emotionally, financially, or physically if it went on too much longer. We didn't know if it would be weeks or even years. But during that time, the thing that spoke to my heart the most was a couple of comments made by some dear friends. First, after a prayer time over Caleb and I at church, my friend Cammie hugged me and said, "You are not alone." Tears just streamed down my cheeks and and I couldn't talk because it meant so much. Literally the next day, my friend Sheila dropped by my work with a gift and a card that said only four words, "You are not alone." Again, tears. And later Cammie's husband, Zach, would tell us, "This is just the beginning." He told us that if it continued, for an indefinite amount of time, they were there. There are no words to express what those comments mean, when you are so helpless and know that you literally can't do it on your own.
In the end, I am convinced that the words of this song should be a theme song of the Church.
I WON'T LET GO
It's like a storm
That cuts a path
It breaks your will
It feels like that
You think you're lost
But you're not lost on your own,
You're not alone
I will stand by you,
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
and you can't cope
I will dry your eyes,
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
and I won't let go
It hurts my heart to see you cry
I know its dark this part of life
Oh it find us all and we're too small
to stop the rain
Oh but when it rains
I will stand by you,
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
and you can't cope
I will dry your eyes,
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
and I won't let you fall
Don't be afraid to fall
I'm right here to catch you
I won't let you down
It won't get you down
You're gonna make it
I know you can make it
Cause I will stand by you,
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
and you can't cope
I will dry your eyes,
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
and I won't let go
Oh I'm gonna hold you
and I won't let go
Won't let you go
No I won't
That cuts a path
It breaks your will
It feels like that
You think you're lost
But you're not lost on your own,
You're not alone
I will stand by you,
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
and you can't cope
I will dry your eyes,
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
and I won't let go
It hurts my heart to see you cry
I know its dark this part of life
Oh it find us all and we're too small
to stop the rain
Oh but when it rains
I will stand by you,
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
and you can't cope
I will dry your eyes,
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
and I won't let you fall
Don't be afraid to fall
I'm right here to catch you
I won't let you down
It won't get you down
You're gonna make it
I know you can make it
Cause I will stand by you,
I will help you through
When you've done all you can do
and you can't cope
I will dry your eyes,
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
and I won't let go
Oh I'm gonna hold you
and I won't let go
Won't let you go
No I won't
[Sang by Rascal Flatts]
No comments:
Post a Comment