This has been quite an eventful week! First, Monday morning we woke up super early to get me to the airport so I could take a quick three day trip to visit Liz and her sweet family. I was so happy to be able to go visit them, and meet her little boy, Flint, for the first time. He is so precious, and his sister has grown up so much since I saw her a year ago! Considering Liz and Mike have two kiddos under a year and a half, I got taste of what motherhood is like. We spent most of our time in our PJs, playing with, holding, feeding, etc the kids...there was constant activity. I can see that Liz has her hands full when it is just her on her own! It was so sunny and pretty there, about 70 degrees, which was a nice surprise considering we have been cloudy and rainy in Portland and it was so nice to take the kids out for a walk in the sun.
It's great that I was able to visit Liz while I was pregnant with a daughter. When I was first pregnant, but actually didn't know it yet, I had a dream that I went to visit her and I had a little girl. She was showing me the best way to swaddle a baby. And I feel like in a way part of the dream actually happened this week. It was so special!
And can I just say that Liz is so amazing!?!? She sent me home with two huge duffel bags FULL of all of Olivia's clothes she outgrew this year!!! So I feel such a sense of relief as to how much I have to buy. I doubt I will have to buy hardly any clothes for the first year!! What a blessing!!!! I don't know how I can say "thank you" enough to that girl!
And then this morning, I went to my first baby shower! It was sooo nice! We had a small group of my friends who all went together and brought me to Mother's Bistro downtown for breakfast and gifts. It was so much fun, and oh so nice of them! It was the perfect setting (it has always been one of my favorite restaurants) and I cannot wait to use all the gifts on our little girl!
This morning Caleb took this picture of me. On Monday I was officially 6 months along...so in two days I will be 25 weeks. I can't believe my third trimester is only a couple weeks away!!! Wow!
Now I am so ready for a nap.... :)








No comments:
Post a Comment