Caleb always tells me I was made to live in the country. Funny thing is that I have never thought that before....until this year.
Some may say that it is because I married a good ole' country boy and he is rubbing off on me. I am talking Caleb is as country as you can get. Not Canby or Cornelius country. We are talking the nearest HOUSE from where he grew up was TWENTY MILES AWAY kind of country! :) And it is hilarious because anybody who knows me here in Portland, knows that I am not too much into the urban lifestyle...I rarely go downtown, although I do enjoy it from time to time. But somehow Caleb still considers me a "city girl" which, by Portland standards, I am not even at all.
Funny thing though....I wonder if my heart will be drawn to the country here soon. He is convinced it already is. The other day I asked him if he would put up a clothes line in our backyard so, when it gets sunny, I can hang dry our clothes....you know, save on energy...and somehow it seems kind of relaxing to have clothes hanging outside. :) I have no idea why I think that, but I do! haha! He laughed at me though because, in his words, "Why would you do that since it is only sunny in Oregon 3 months out of the year?" LOL! Good point, but I think I am going to have him do it anyways. :) All to say, when I mentioned that idea, he once again (with a huge smile on his face) told me that he thinks I was made for the country.
I also have a love for organic food. Through my own health issues over the years, and now realizing how severe Caleb's health can get, I just think it would be so rewarding to plant my own garden. And we could save money, and I am pretty frugal. I have discussed with with my friend, Sara, that I want to start off with planting basic things....things I would put in salsa (tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, etc.) and just a few others (snap peas, carrots, etc). And then yesterday I drug my friend, Tiffanie, to the craft store after her appointment to get ideas of what we could paint some planters. I am getting inspired doing crafts these days too, which makes me excited to think what I could make our backyard look like. (I am hoping to find some "treasures" at the thrift stores and make them look like cute planters.)
Anyhow....all to say, my goal this spring will be to try to live the country lifestyle as much as possible. Quiet life. Simple lifestyle. Make my home a haven for Caleb and I in a busy world. And maybe be healthier and economical along the way. :)
So.....bring on the spring! I am inspired! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment