I have known Heather for years. Over 15 years ago, her sister Blair and my sister Janelle were inseparable. And for the last 8 years or so, she has been my client and, most importantly, friend. As she is starting her new photography business, she graciously asked Caleb and I if we would be her models for an afternoon. Of course, we said "YES please!" :)
I knew exactly where we would want them taken. So we picked her up, and drove out the the Columbia River Gorge, near Dad's house. We first stopped at Beacon Rock. The upper picnic area is literally one of my favorite places I have ever been in my life. The view of the rock is so incredibly majestic. I love it so much, that the second time I ever hung out with Caleb, that is where we and couple friends went for a hike. Little did I know then that I would marry that man one day! After that, when it was a little closer to sunset, we headed towards Thunder Island. I absolutely love this area of the Gorge too. Last fall, literally a week or so before his flare-up, Caleb and I had been in this area and played chess outside as we ate hamburgers. Good, good memories. Plus, these places are simply the perfect backdrop for any photo shoot!
All this being said, we are so thankful for Heather and her willingness and generosity! Here is a glimpse of what she captured....
No comments:
Post a Comment