Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Perfect Morning


There aren't many things that can beat a quiet morning, when I can sit and read my Bible over a cup of hot, strong (but creamy) cup of coffee and fresh baked lemon poppyseed scones.  :)  Especially when I sent my husband to the store this morning to buy the stuff for the scones for me! haha!

This morning I am studying the book of James, for a small women's Bible study that I am leading next Saturday.  I am really excited about it....I love how no matter how many years go by, you can always learn (and re-learn) things as you open up God's Word.  The book of James is so practical, and has so many lessons to be learned. 

However, as I study this morning, I keep going to a verse Caleb read to me this morning in his reading.  So opposite of the "American Dream"...but, oh,so important....

Proverbs 30:7-9
"Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God."

No comments:

Post a Comment