I think that last week was the first time I was able to really let my body and mind just relax. I took five days off work to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and Caleb's birthday. It was a much needed break, and has made a whole of difference mentally.
Because Caleb had to work during the day of our anniversary, we couldn't go out of town until the next day. So we took advantage of a night in town by going to Cinetopia, an amazing theatre here in town (thank you Pixton's for the gift card!). It was amazing because Caleb still can't do stairs, so typical stadiums would not have been an option, so we enjoyed our movie in a parlor room theatre that didn't have all the stairs a normal stadium would have. It was like sitting in a living room to watch the movie on a huge screen...it was a perfect date night!
The following day, Caleb's birthday, we took off to go to Lincoln City. And I have to say that God answered my prayers and gave us beautiful weather. It has been hailing and raining until we pulled into town, and when we got there it was literally t-shirt weather. It was amazing to sit on the balcony of the hotel, and soak up some Vitamin D. And we had a fabulous view from our room, which was great because Caleb still isn't a point where he could go for a walk on the beach yet. It was one of my most favorite times since we have been married.
All we did all day was read, watch tv, knit (well, I just knit) and eat. :) It was great because there was a full kitchen in our room, which was helpful because of all of Caleb's dietary restrictions. And the view of the sunset was beyond spectacular!
The next day we woke and up and did more of the same until we went home. Except for feeding the seagulls. We had one in particular that hung out with us all morning. Caleb named him Pete...after Pete Carroll, head coach of the Seahawks. Haha! He loved Pete. I even asked him what he was thinking about at some point and he said, "I like Pete. I was just wondering if he will be in heaven with us." Haha! True story. LOL!
And, Caleb's feet are looking better. I had to take a picture while we were there just for documentations sake. It is amazing to see the improvement, and to think of how bad they were only a month and a half ago when he was in the hospital.
So, all in all, we are doing really well. We still have a long way to go, but that is okay. We are thankful for the improvement and time we have together.
As we celebrated our anniversary, it is pretty humorous that my dad, his mom, and his sister all thought it was our third anniversary instead of second. We feel like we have been married for ten years instead of a couple, considering all we have been through. But with the trials have come perspective. We hope and strive for a love that is purely to serve the other and appreciate all the other has to offer. Selflessness. If we can do that for decades to come I know we will have a rich marriage. And we feel like we do already, we are way more in love today then we were when we said "I do." In fact, we look back at the pictures of our wedding and think it is crazy how much we thought we knew what love was then...but now, with all we have been through, it feels like nothing compared to now. And our hope and prayer is that only continues through the years ahead. True love is worth fighting for, self sacrifice and all. And, lucky for me, I have an amazing man who has a lot of fun and joy in the midst of it all! :)
Does this officially mean we aren't newlyweds anymore? Aren't you considered newlyweds for two years? Wow. Well, we definitely aren't pros yet, but that's okay. We hope we have many, many more years to figure the other person out! :) How fun is that?! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment