Friday, April 27, 2012

Fasting and Hamburgers

Well, good and bad news.

Actually, mainly good news....Caleb is doing so, so much better!  He is working full time again, driving, and has been off of all meds for a few weeks now!  It is, oh, so wonderful!

Bad news is that he decided to start his "arthritis fast" this last Monday.  Meaning, today he is on day #5 of his fast, drinking only a couple small glasses of freshly juiced vegetables (consisting of cabbage, celery, and carrots..eek!).  Poor guy, he is so hungry.  It all deals with a book called "Conquering Arthritis: What Doctors Don't Tell You, Cause They Don't Know."  When he read it a couple months back, it seemed to line up with his condition and explain a lot of things.  So, since it has helped so many other people, he is now giving it a shot too.  He has two more days until he begins slowly adding foods back into his diet (1 food per 1-3 days).  So, Monday we is planning on adding an apple into his diet, black beans on Tuesday, rice on Wednesday, trout on Saturday, etc.  He is super determined.  And good thing for me, he isn't cranky like I am when he gets hungry!!! Can you imagine Caleb cranky??? hahaha! It almost makes me laugh thinking of it.

Me on the other hand....well, I am eating more normal.  I have been trying not to cook food in our house so that he doesn't have to smell it.  So, I went to sushi with my friend Emily a few days ago, went to Chipotle another....anything to help the guy out.  And today, hee hee, my friend Crystal spoiled me.

Back story:  When we started putting Caleb on a vegetarian diet for a month or so back in February, I was not doing so well with it myself.  He didn't notice a different with how his body and mind functioned without meat, believe it or not.  Me on the other hand....I am convinced I started getting super anemic.  So, one day I was hanging out with Crystal and we decided to go get HAMBURGERS!  I normally hadn't really done that much before....but my body was just not feeling right and was craving MEAT.  So, since Red Robin was having a sale on their hamburgers for a couple weeks we went there.  Thus, began my two weeks of Red Robin hamburgers....it took going out to lunch with FIVE of friends....meaning, FIVE HAMBURGERS and SEVEN BASKETS OF FRIES HAHAHAHAHA later, I felt like myself again! LOL! Not even joking.  I did that all in two weeks, by the way.  :)  And, no, I am not pregnant.  :)

Well, after I got my levels back on track, I seemed fine and didn't really crave hamburgers again for a while.  But since Caleb is fasting, Crystal once again came to my rescue and brought me a hamburger from Killer Burgers.  Okay.  Seriously.  The hamburgers there are uh-mazing.  Lets just say I immediately worked out when I got home from work.  (She brought it to my work when I did her hair today).  A hamburger with PEANUT BUTTER and BACON.  Hence, Killer Burger.  Caleb asked me how it was.  All I could say is, "It's probably not best we talk about the hamburger when you are fasting, Sweets."  :)





All to say, Caleb keeps saying that I am scared that, as he adds things back to his diet, that he will react and reflare.  He, on the other hand, is excited that many of the foods he has been avoiding he will be able to add back in.  That is what we are praying for, and in probability will likely happen.  Time will tell.

So, for now, I am gonna go clean the veggies for his "dinner" tonight.  Good thing my tummy is full still from lunch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment