Yesterday, we were driving home from church and a song came on the radio. Caleb and I were holding hands (we never don't hold hands in the car) and we listened to it. It was such a sweet song! It said, "You know I'd fall apart without you, I don't know how you do what you do. Cause everything that don't make sense about me, makes sense when I'm with you...I want to make you feel wanted. I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever, and never let you forget it. I wanna make you feel wanted...As good as you make me feel, I want to make you feel better. Better than your fairy tales, better than your best dreams, Your more than everything I need, You're all I ever wanted."
Then Caleb looked over at me and asked, "Do I make you feel wanted?" I responded, "Of course you do!" And then he said the sweetest thing..."You are my best friend in the world. I love you more than anybody other than Jesus." I said, "I love you more than anybody than Jesus, too." And he smiled, holding my hand, and said, "How cool is that?! There really isn't much more we could want then."
So true.
I always dreamed of what my marriage would look like. You know, Caleb and I have had our struggles, every couple does. Ours has just come early on in our marriage. But I know I am loved and I know I am wanted, totally and completely. And I know that Caleb is keeping his promise that he made to me the day we got engaged when he told me that I would always have the number two spot in his life...second only to God. That is the love that is beautiful....to feel safe and secure, in a love that is motivated by God's love as your center. It's the safest, deepest kind of love, even when circumstances are difficult. So, yes, this type of love surpasses what I thought existed in my imagination....its my real life fairy tale.
No comments:
Post a Comment